Java Web Developer (f/m/d)
US market leader in the field of vehicle history with a brand recognition of 98%, CARFAX has also been pioneering on the European market for the last ten years. Our vision is to increase transparency and confidence in the European used car market. We have retained the start-up feeling with flat hierarchies and flexible decision-making processes, even though we are currently employing 70 people in five European countries.
As a Java Web Developer, you can expect to:
- Contribute to a cross-functional team building new capabilities for consumer web-based platforms
- Use your expertise to create high-performance websites as well as next generation web applications
- Integrate multiple backend, cloud-based internal services from our product delivery team in order to deliver the best customer experience for our websites
- You will help balance project timelines and team commitments in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Collaborate closely with other developers, front-end designers, stakeholders, and internal customers
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and the product
As a Java Web Developer, you bring the following to our team:
- 3+ years of Spring Boot web development experience, including consuming and producing REST interfaces
- Experience with Grid Layout, CSS, SCSS, LESS, and other design components and building reusable UI components for front-end integrations
- Experience in modern web frameworks like React.js/Redux
- Passion for Software Craftsmanship
- Experience with unit testing, front-end testing
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Strong unit testing and troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of English
Bonus points for experience with:
- Previous experience working on corporate level design systems, pattern libraries, branding systems, etc.
- SEO, Pagespeed, and CDN’s
- Experience building single page web applications
- Experience building applications on Amazon Web Services, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing in a DevOps environment with a CI/CD Platform such as GitLab-CI
What we have to offer
- A very pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic, international team
- Flexible working hours in a beautiful, central office with rooftop terrace
- Great benefits: competitive pension plan, life insurance, stock shares
- Fun team events: cooking contests, hiking days, Oktoberfest and many more!
Join Team CARFAX – and find a Great Place to Work!
We look forward to receiving your pertinent application documents, including your salary requirement and earliest possible starting date at email@example.com!