Senior Developer Product Delivery (f/m/d)
CARFAX is acquiring and processing data related to vehicles from various sources. As a member of the Product Delivery Team you will be responsible for building applications around these extensive data sets. The applications are used both internally to support data analysis, as well as externally, providing value to our customers in form of reports, risk evaluations, trends and other visualizations.
Currently, we are in the process of modernizing our architecture so we can keep growing and fulfill our service-level agreement in terms of reliability, response time and throughput. In this transition period, we are re-engineering many of our tools to make them future proof, which means your work will have a direct impact. We value any previous experience and opinions you bring with you.
We are living a DevOps culture, where every team takes full ownership of their applications and the infrastructure in terms of delivery. We also believe that our teams should have the freedom to choose the right tools and frameworks for the job.
Our teams are as diverse as our data sources. CARFAX is proud to be a truly international company with employees from over 20 different nationalities. We are a business of currently 60 employees, with about half of them working in IT – and we are growing! Our headquarters are in Munich, where we speak English as our common language. You should also feel comfortable expressing your thoughts and opinions in this language.
What you should bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java or any other JVM language, ideally in combination with a Java framework like Spring or Micronaut.
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of agile teams. We are using approaches like pair programming and mob-style programming on a daily basis.
- Experience writing software using a test-driven approach (TDD), for instance JUnit, Cucumber and Gatling.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web- or microservices.
- You are familiar with CI/CD pipelines shipping containerized applications using GitLab CI, Jenkins, Docker and
- You have experience designing databases, relational and NoSQL-based (i.e. using MongoDB).
Optional, but highly appreciated:
- Experience designing applications around message queuing systems such as Amazon SQS, RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Experience writing APIs that follow the GraphQL standard.
- You have supported highly available and scalable solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another cloud provider. Even better if you used Terraform!
- Experience utilizing caching systems such as Redis or Memcache.
JOIN TEAM CARFAX – AND FIND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
We look forward to receiving your pertinent application documents, including your salary
requirement and earliest possible starting date at email@example.com!