Senior Java Developer Business Solutions (m/f/d)
CARFAX Europe is the leading vehicle history data company within the European market. We are acquiring and processing data related to vehicles from various sources. CARFAX Europe is a daughter company of Carfax USA and IHS Markit Ltd.
As a key member of the Business Solutions Team you will work on building and operating highly responsive, robust, reliable and scalable business services and applications running within our wider virtual large-scale distributed network on AWS/EKS. The applications and services operate on our extensive vehicle data sets to provide critical insights to internal and external customers in both the B2B and B2C domains.
We are a fast-growing company with over 70 employees at the moment which means you will have an opportunity to impact more than just your immediate domain of responsibility. For example working towards further improvement of our DevOps Maturity Index, participating in architecture design of the entire landscape, holding internal tech-talks and cross-functional code reviews are just a few of the many interesting tasks you will be tackling in this team.
- 7+ years of professional experience with Java, ideally in combination with a Java framework like Spring, SpringBoot or Micronaut. Ideally, but not mandatory – you will also have experience with Python
- Experience in developing, maintaining and operating robust cloud-native applications on Kubernetes, even better if you have an in-depth knowledge of IaC (Terraform), auto-scaling, ingress, CRDs.
- Sound proficiency in programming patterns for micro-services (12-factor)
- Intense attention to code quality and other key facets of agile development: short release cycles, daily transparency, quick resolution of blocks
- You have experience designing databases, relational and NoSQL-based (i.e. using MongoDB).
- Experience designing and implementing distributed applications around message queuing systems such as Amazon SQS, Kinesis, RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Experience utilizing caching systems such as Redis or Memcache
What we offer:
- A very pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic, international team
- Flexible working hours in a beautiful, central office with rooftop terrace
- Great benefits – we offer a highly competitive company pension plan, life insurance, discounted gym membership etc.
- team events: cooking contests, hiking days, poker nights and much more!
Join Team CARFAX – and find a great place to work.
We look forward to receiving your application including your salary requirement and earliest possible starting date at firstname.lastname@example.org!