Technical Director of Data (f/m/d)
The Technical Director of Data at CARFAX Europe will be part of our agile, cross-functional organization. Your teams are responsible for the core services revolving around CARFAX Europe’s diverse data sets for both our internal and external customers. You enable the teams to establish and improve their data loading and analysis strategies, as well as lead them in establishing a monitoring-, reporting- and BI-infrastructure for our data assets. Our teams work in a cloud based, DevOps focused environment, solving problems dealing with both data and analysis infrastructure. We are continuously modernizing our core business applications, and you will have a direct impact on both the technologies used and the overall data architecture.
What we expect from you:
• Responsible for analyzing and implementing a data strategy and roadmap for our products and services with a focus on continuous optimization
• Accelerate the connection of new data sources and data types
• Responsible for implementing a reporting and BI infrastructure
• Help with balancing project timelines and team commitments in an exciting, fastpaced environment
• Foster and promote an agile development mindset
• Collaborate closely with the Senior Management Team, development teams, stakeholders, and internal customers.
• 5 + years leading multi-national agile teams in a data-warehouse or big-data environment
• Completed studies (University/ FH), ideally with an IT background
• Multiple years as a developer, data analyst and/ or data warehouse architect
• Extensive experience with data warehouses plus the eagerness to join a team moving towards big-data
• Experience and enthusiasm for the agile philosophy, incl. pair-programming and TDD
• In-depth knowledge of relational as well as NoSQL or MongoDB databases
• Knowledge of public cloud-based data and big-data analysis services
• Experience in a disciplinary leadership role with technical employees
• Fluency in English is required; you should feel comfortable working in a multicultural environment with English as main language
• Flexibility, communication skills and team spirit
• Can do attitude
What we offer:
• A very pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic, international team with currently 20 different nationalities
• Flexible working hours in a beautiful office with rooftop terrace in the center of Munich
• Great team events: cooking contests, hiking days, poker nights, skiing days, Weißwurst breakfasts, table tennis tournaments – and the coolest company Christmas party in Munich
JOIN TEAM CARFAX – AND FIND A “GREAT PLACE TO WORK”.
We look forward to receiving your application including your salary requirement and earliest possible starting date at firstname.lastname@example.org!